I hope all of us have been experiencing the warmer weather. I personally was very excited. Instead of visiting the gym over the weekend, I made a decision to take advantage of the outdoor trails and parks in my neighborhood and took my workout outside: it was the very best playground workout!
My husband and I jogged towards the park with my son and allow him to go wild and play. As they played on the jungle gym, my husband and I utilized all the playground equipment around him and created a killer workout- seriously, I had been dying towards the end!? My son must’ve thought we looked funny, while he desired to copy everything we did, which was also hilarious.
10 minute warm-up jog (adding a stroller to the mix really adds to the intensity, I recommend it.)
Circuit 1: repeat 4x
- Incline push ups on jungle gym steps (or bench if you see one) 15x (video demonstration)
- Box jumps on steps (or bench) 15x
- Tricep dips on steps (or bench) 20x (video demonstration)
- Burpees 10x (on level ground)
Circuit 2: repeat 4x
- Bulgarian split squats 15x (each leg)? (video demonstration)
- Ab pikes on swing 15-20x? ?(video demonstration)
- Jump squats? – 20x
- Walking lunges 30x
Circuit 3: repeat 4x
- High plank – 60 seconds
- Bicycle kicks – 50x
- Bear crawls – 30 seconds forward and 30 seconds backwards (video demonstration)
It’s easy to make the most of your surroundings and turn any situation into a workout. The next time you are sitting and watching TV, turn the commercial breaks into a short workout circuit and don’t stop until your program comes back on.
In my estimation, having music on or watching television has always helped keep my thoughts off of the intense workout I am doing. I enjoy my program and before very long, your 30 or One hour workouts are done! The best of this is, you never needed to leave your living room to do it!